Nourishing yourself has so many aspects. I’m this blog post I’d like to explore how it makes me focus on my self-care and all that entails.
This year, Nourish is my word of the year.
I chose it at a moment where I didn’t feel at my best and knew something had to change. To me, nourishing myself has so many different aspects. This post focuses on one of them: self-care.
To keep my focusing on nourishing my body through self-care, I thought it would be helpful to make a list of reasons what self-care does for me.
- It helps me love myself more
- It gives me the energy to do what I love
- It makes my skin glow
- It helps me sleep better
- It makes me smile at myself in the mirror and actually feel love
- It calms me down
- It helps me listen to my body
- It helps me make better choices with regards to food
- It pushes me to focus on gratitude
- It helps me discard negative thoughts about myself.
Before I started this list I thought it might take me ages to write it but the items came faster than I could type.
In a way it makes me sad that I never saw this before, but feeling sad about things I can’t change isn’t self care. So I let it go and focus on what I can do for myself NOW.
What is your list of self-care’s gifts?