Ever since 18 before 2018 I’ve participated in an end-of-year goal challenge, I believe it was first initiated by Lisa Jacobs.
I love this kind of goal setting challenge. As my goals are kinda huge in the case of some, I decided to post my list now, and not in November as I did the last time I shared my list (I kept my 2019 list private).
So here’s my 20 before 2020 list, both creative and personal. I wanted to keep them separate at first, but everything is part of my life.
- Publish a book.
- Bring my current novel to second draft.
- First draft my short story collection.
- Finish reading 100 books.
- Keep up with 16/8 on most days of the rest of the year.
- Organise/declutter the office and label everything.
- Do a 21 day sugar detox.
- Collect 100 tiny poems for a poetry book to be published in 2020.
- Launch my passion project.
- Fill up my poetry journal, write poetry daily (and share some!)
- Get portrait pictures taken.
- Weekend away with my husband.
- Finish my current art journal.
- Declutter another room.
- Make a huge mixed media project I’ve been wanting to make for ages.
- Fill up my current sketchbook.
- Create a morning and evening routine (and stick to it!)
- Go to a sauna and soak up the heat.
- Follow along with at least 3 sketching classes on Creative Bug.
- Write/Edit daily during NaNoWriMo.
I will post regular updates on my progress during the rest of the year, and I will share a final update in the new year.