Shortly before the new year, I picked up my daily yoga practice again, and it feels like coming home in my body.
In the past, I went through cycles with yoga. I pick it up and then one day decide to stop. I don’t even know why. Maybe I should ponder this in another blog post.
All I know I don’t want to quit anymore, I want to keep this practice up because it is so good for me!
And that is why I am writing this. Here are my five reasons why I want to keep doing yoga. I will write those five keywords on a small poster that I will hang where I can see it every day.
- Grounding. Yoga makes me feel balanced and connected to mother earth.
- Healing. The deeper I go into my asana, the deeper the healing is.
- Warrior. Doing yoga makes me feel strong, and feel more and more at home in my body.
- Stillness. Yoga teaches me inner and outer stillness. The moment I move up from my final asana, I feel whole.
- Intuition. Yoga makes me more and more intuitive. I don’t sit down with a plan on which asana I will do during my time on the mat. I ask myself what I need, and I move accordingly.
All of these benefits stay with me throughout the day. Even as I write this, many hours after my time on the mat, I feel it.
I believe that this list is enough to keep me committed to my daily yoga practice.
This is the second post on yoga so far, this year. It might be a thing 😀