|completely floored by the flu|
I have been sick for the past few weeks, the flu to be precise. During the flu I have learned some things about my body that I keep learning when I have the flu and then keep forgetting the moment the flu is over and normal life resumes.
I need to keep these lessons in mind now, and that is why I trust them to the one page where I can say anything I want: my blog!
I know that some of you must experience the same thing. Do these sound familiar?
Go for option 5 when you feel sick like a dog!
- Listen to your body. It knows what is good for you to optimise your healing process.
- Don’t force yourself to do anything. Just go with da flow.
- Drink tons of water. Sing with me: “Gotta flush that bug right out of my gut!”
- Don’t overdo when you think you are healed (flu tends to sneak back when you do!)
- Sleep is your friend. Sleep heals you, and helps you get the energy to fight the virus.
- Don’t punish your body with bad foods. That’s a big one for me. Oh gosh, so big!
- Meds don’t help. Those over the counter flu remedies are mostly crap. Take some paracetamol if your head hurts, for the rest your body has got this!
- Stay warm. This sounds like a doozy but I can’t even mention the times I slept in a t-shirt and kicked my blankets off during sleep so I lay in bed like a big frozen popsicle. PJ’s are your friend.
- Don’t moan at your partner about how bad you feel. Ask them for what you need instead. Like tea, hugs, or cookies.
- It’s not your fault. You didn’t do anything to get ill. Just stop beating yourself over the head for feeling ill.