It is Gratitude Month on my blog! A whole month of gratitude inspiration, freebies and joy!
Today’s post is all about gratitude and writing. They are very interlinked for me, and I will let you know why!
You get to write.
Let me say that again.
YOU GET TO WRITE!
Seriously, is there anything better than that? And yes, fears will come, doubts will sail in, judgment will creep into your words. That’s because you live your passion. With passion comes a boatload of fear that you’ve collected all of your life.
One of the ways of dealing with this is pouring out your gratitude onto paper. Be grateful that you get to write your stories, that you were born with a mind that is receptive to ideas, with a muse that whispers stories to your fingers.
YOU GET TO WRITE!
For me, nothing is better than that. Every time I sit down to write, I first close my eyes and tell myself how grateful I am that I get to write! Here are some of the things you could tell yourself:
- I am so grateful that I can write my stories and share them with the world.
- I am so grateful I am so filled with inspiration that my fingers can’t keep up with me.
- I am so grateful for all the ideas and all the joy they give me.
- I am so grateful I am able to work on my writing.
- I am so grateful I am connected with my inner two-year-old. She constantly inspires me and gives me so much joy.
- I am so grateful for my desk, for my laptop, for everything that enables me to write!
- I am so grateful for the world being my inspiration. Everything I see is there to inspire me to write more and more.
- I am so grateful for my readers, my blogging friends, my critique partner. Everyone makes me a better writer!
- I am so grateful I get to write these inspiring posts for all of you. I know they will reach those it needs to reach.
- I am so grateful for the ideas I get for books that I know will help others. All I need to do is sit down and write.
- I could go on and on writing these, but my eyes are filled with tears by now. This is what true gratitude does to you, it brings up emotions and joy and love. Go, try it out for yourself. What are you grateful for related to your writing? Let your gratitude inspire you, and WRITE!